1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

permission: View Items by others

Discussion in 'Showcase Suggestions' started by alfa1, Apr 5, 2015.

1. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member AMS Premium RMS Premium UBS Premium Showcase Premium

Please add a usergroup permission to view only own items. This would open up a lot of useful possibilities for showcase. This would allow us to accept submissions from users without them seeing other submissions. At the same time we would be able to set usergroups to see all items.

As we can already use showcase for forms, item tracking, this would greatly expand the use of showcase.
    It also allows us to use showcase to show items to paying members only, while still receiving new items from non-paying members or even guests.

2. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff New Member Showcase

Are we talking about showcase private view, specific group view and public view? I'm not clear on the functionality here. Please give some examples. Thank you.

3. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member AMS Premium RMS Premium UBS Premium Showcase Premium

I don't know what you mean with showcase private view or public/group 'views'. It does not relate to a private category. If thats what you mean.

In Xenforo there is a usergroup permission: View threads by others
    If this is set to NO then only the user and staff can see threads by the user.
    I am requesting the same for Showcase and AMS. i.e. View Items by others

4. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff New Member Showcase

Ah, I see what you mean now. I was thinking more along the lines of being able to specify which group can view the showcase. Example: Visible to GroupA members AND/OR GroupB members... Not sure I need such functions but just wanted to understand your suggestion :)

alfa1 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.