1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed One of my users is getting an error message.

Discussion in 'Stock Trader Resolved Bug Reports' started by Edrondol, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

I can't replicate it.

Any idea why he would be getting it?

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

I'd need to know the Stock Symbol so I can see the data the the API is returning for the stock. If the API is retuning 'N/A', that might throw it. I've not seen this thrown once and its never been an issue. the Change format from the API is something like +1.050 and I striped the + or - signs out and then number format it 2 decimal spots.

3. Bob

If anyone can reproduce this, can you let me know which stock symbol is involved? Thanks..

4. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

Dunno. I can't even look at his profile in the ACP. I get the same thing:

5. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

I totally deleted the user's portfolio and gave him some money to make up for it. He's compiling a list of stocks if he remembers what they are.

6. Bob

ok, I might have to wrap a few more of these data fileds in an is_numeric check as when a stock goes defunct, it gets an N/A put in. Thats most likely the issue, but again, until I can see the results from a defunct stock, its just a guess.

7. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

User is getting it again. I've reached out to see if he knows what the last stock he bought was.

8. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

THQI is the culprit. Went into the database and checked it out. Seems they got unlisted.

You really need an error message other than the XF error page that won't let them touch anything else.

9. Bob

I've already taken care of this in the next version by wrapping those checks with an is_numeric check before the formatting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.