1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Won't Fix mceLayout Issue in Chrome

Discussion in 'Showcase Resolved Bug Reports' started by MattW, Mar 24, 2013.

1. MattW

MattW Server Admin AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

We've come across an issue in Chrome when editing an item in the Showcase.

It's only happening on any of the extra tabs that are created.

The below example, only has 5 lines of text, but it's auto expanding the mceLayout to be 4692px in length!

mceLayout.png

I've tried it in WaterFox and IE10, and it's only happening in Chrome.

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

ya, I am sure there are more. TinyMCE sucks and I can not wait for XF to get rid of it. It makes it impossible to do anything fun and unique with it. I've already had to pull other functionality and its starting to look like I will have to pull more.

I am in a wait and see what Mike and Kier have done as this is all driven by core xenforo.

3. Bob

btw, Matt... if you want to play around with it.. edit the nflj_showcase_item_create_edit.css. You will see that there are some additional TinyMCE CSS elements in that file to help control the secondary tabs. You could try adding some more like ctrl_message_t2_tbl (and its sub elements) to see if you can temp fix it.

MattW likes this.
  4. MattW

It's weird though, as the first tab always loads correctly, but then any subsequent tabs seem to load with a random size.

EDIT: Thanks Bob, will take a look at the CSS file now.

5. Bob

Try setting a max height to these: ctrl_message_t2_html_ifr

#ctrl_message_t2_html_ifr {
    min-height: 214px !important;
    max-height: 800px !important;
    }

MattW likes this.
  6. MattW

This is what I've put in EXTRA.css and it seems to be locking it all in place now

#ctrl_message_t2_html_ifr, #ctrl_message_t3_html_ifr, #ctrl_message_t4_html_ifr, #ctrl_message_t5_html_ifr {
    max-height: 800px !important;
    width: 838px !important;
    }

7. Bob

Cool Cool.. least you have a temp fix until something more permanent can be put in place.

8. MattW

Actually it's still ignoring the max height

mceLayout2.png

9. MattW

This seems better

#ctrl_message_t2_html_ifr, #ctrl_message_t3_html_ifr, #ctrl_message_t4_html_ifr, #ctrl_message_t5_html_ifr {
    max-height: 250px !important;
    width: 838px !important;
    }

10. Bob

thats working then? I am still messing around with the View to see if I can tweak that to make multiple editors play nicer. There are multiple issue tho because the "Tabs" are also causing problems.

11. MattW

Yeah, it's working now with the settings in the last post.

12. Bob

oh good. The frees me up to dig deeper into a better soluation (altho, this MAY be the best lol). HATE TinyMCE.

MattW likes this.
  13. Bob

no more tinyMCE issues starting with xf 1.2.0 :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.