1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not a Bug It's not possible to change upper/lowercase of words in the title of items

Discussion in 'Showcase Resolved Bug Reports' started by Mathis Neumann, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Hi there,
    the thread title might be confusing. What I mean is that it's not possible to change
    "my awesome Project" to "My Awesome Project"
    It just would leave it like that after I saved.

Greetings

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Showcase has its OWN settings for this. You need go to the showcase options and check the box "Automatically Adjust Case of Item Titles" and then chose Title case or Sentence case.

Existing Titles won't change until you edit the item and save it again as the action takes place in the DataWriter (same as with threads in XF).

3. It not about setting every word uppercase in every item, it was just an example ;) I do want people to use capitals just if they like (We don't force uppercase in headings here in Germany).
    So that's something xenforo check via something like equalsIgnoreCase()? Because you said until I edit the item, but I if I delete words it gets saved, without touching anything else (like the description). Thats what I understood with "until I change the item", but I do see case changes as a real change.

4. Bob

You have the option to Enable it or Disable it. When its disabled, what ever they enter is how it is. When its enabled, you have to options to force. Sentence Case or Title Case. Everything works exactly as it should.

I don't have any idea what your issue is.

5. Bob

Examples (for those that don't know how it works).

Automatically Adjust Case of Item Titles (Unchecked) = disabled. Member enters Title = Hi I aM a weIrd CaseD TiTLe they hit save and every one see's "Hi I aM a weIrd CaseD TiTLe"

Automatically Adjust Case of Item Titles (Checked) = enabled. Title Case selected. Member enters Title = Hi I aM a weIrd CaseD TiTLe they hit save and every one see's "Hi I Am A Weird Cased Title"

Automatically Adjust Case of Item Titles (Checked) = enabled. Sentence Case selected. Member enters Title = Hi I aM a weIrd CaseD TiTLe they hit save and every one see's "Hi i am a weird cased title"

Pre existing Title entered into the system = "Hi i am a weird cased title". You change Sentence Case to Title Case. The next time the item is edited, it will change the title to "Hi I Am A Weird Cased Title".

This is the same exact functionality that is in core xenforo for Thread Titles (I use the exact code).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.