• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Importing RSS Feeds

beanfan78

AMS Premium
SC Premium
I would like to submit a suggestion on possibly accepting RSS feeds for submissions. So if I create a showcase item, in my case I catalog podcast shows, a user could submit their podcast feed and under a custom tab it would pull in the information from that feed. iTunes does it this way and I am not asking for something specific for podcasts, just RSS in general. Perhaps there is a topic or something that could be RSS'd in.

In my specific case, I want to have a user submit their show RSS and let Showcase import it in and some how play it like iTunes, but just having a RSS import feature to start with would be awesome.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So you want a custom tab to display RSS content from the RSS Feed URL that the user inputs? I don't use RSS myself, so I am not completely clear on what you are expecting to happen once the user inputs the Feed URL.

Bob, let me create a visual mockup and post it in a day or so. I tend to convey my messages better graphically.

Back