• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Featured Projects and Progress Bar

M

Mathis Neumann

Hi there,
because I am very lazy, I copied this from a pm to Bob:

I have an feature idea which could be great for the showcase: Featured Showcases/Projects
Let people with permissions set featured projects, which will get presented on the main showcase page in a special way (for example a picture slider).

I think of showcase in a "I show you my current project" type of thing, so a small but great feature would be to allow to show a progress bar, like this for example:
http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/how-to-create-a-kick-ass-css3-progress-bar

Greetings from Germany,
Mathis ;)

By the way, I don't know I you knew that, but a lot of Xenforo customers have a Minecraft related site and because that game is about creating projects this addon is basicly a Minecrafters dream. Just wanted to let you know so that you can make money with this information ;)
(I you want ideas to improve usability for that target group, feel free to contact me)

:)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Marked as "Considered" for the featured item request. Gathering input, so if anyone else has suggestions pertaining to "featured" items, please feel free to add input.

Can you explain the progress bar functionality a little more? (not how one works, I understand how to make them lol). I want to know more about the usability of it, how you see people adding it etc. If its just a simply CSS progress bar, can't see why you couldn't just create a BBCODE that would allows users embed it into any of the tabs via the editor.

Progress Bar:
You could create something like milestones where you list the things you changed and set a percentage which fills the progress bar. Everytime you update the percentage you could add new information what changed.

When you have some time, can provide more details along with mockups and or screen shots of existing functionality? Its not like I am going to work on something like this right away anyway. The more details, the better.

I will, but for now I need to go to sleep ;) 4 am already and I need to be at my university at 8 :p

Reactions: Bob
Back