1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not a Bug Error viewing IP of edited articles

Discussion in 'AMS Resolved Bug Reports' started by CarpCharacin, Aug 10, 2017.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Member AMS Showcase

One of my members submitted an article after I upgraded to AMS 1.6.0, and I edited the article to fix the image attribution and now when I click on IP, it just keeps loading.

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

What is the BUG REPORT? "just keeps loading" doesn't tell me anything. That could be an issue with your connection. Are there any ERRORS being posted in the error logs?

btw, IPs are only stored during the CREATE process. There is nothing in the EDIT process that effects IPs in any way shape or form.

3. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Member AMS Showcase

The IP overlay dosen't load on the edited article, but it loads fine on articles that haven't been edited. The issue is present on both my computer and my phone, so it isn't a connection problem. There aren't any errors being logged.

4. Bob

Its something isolated to either your devices, your user or your site as I can not reproduce it anywhere (I've tried here, I've tried at my private development site, I've tried several of my development instances and I've tried on several client sites that I have access to). It can not reproduce it.

Example... Here is a newly created article. When I click on IP, it launches the overlay.

Selection_999(003).png

Here you can see that same article. I've edited the article and saved it as an Update so that you could see that it has been edited. When I click on IP, it launches the overlay.

Selection_999(004).png

I'll need access to your site to troubleshoot since this is isolated to your site. If you are going to be around this weekend, send me an inbox with Login credentials for your site. I'll need Moderator permissions to be able to view IPs along with being able to Moderate articles (and create them). I MIGHT need Admin CP access as well as DB access to see what IP info is being stored for that particular article.

5. Bob

This is not a bug. This issue was due to the IP lookup for the particular logged IP taking more than a few seconds (appx 20 seconds).

CarpCharacin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.