1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned create new column for "number of shares"

Discussion in 'Stock Trader Closed Suggestions' started by erich37, Jul 7, 2012.

1. erich37

erich37 Member

I would suggest creating a new column, giving the investor a quick and easy to read overview of how many shares he owns in a given stock.

see screeny attached:

column_share_ownership.gif

2. erich37

erich37 Member

additionally, show the "Currency" (we learned in school that each number needs to have an indication to it, whether it is [USD], [Kilogram], or [Potatoes] ;) ) in the column "Purchase Info", so that an investor would immediately understand what the number means.

So e.g. in the column "Purchase Info" it should display [USD] or [Pounds] for "Price" and "Cost" somewhere.

It is rather confusing if it does not indicate [Currency] or [Percent] in the tables............

3. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Sorry, that is not something I am interested in changing on the core addon. Template Tweaks like that can be easily done on your own for unique customization. I've made it easy with giving each area its own CSS just for that purpose.

4. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

As like above, I don't want to clutter up the core default layout with a ton of un necessary stuff (which currency symbols everywhere to me are just clutter). You are more than welcome to make template edits and put the currency symbol where ever you want (I actually encourage it). As far as your confusing statement... everywhere on the site that there is a percentage, its in () with a % following the value. Its really easy to distinguish a percentage value vs a currency value.

I won't even discuss Multiple Currencies because there is no such thing in the addon at this time and won't be for awhile.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.