1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

As Designed 'create item' button is missing in 'vehicles' category

Discussion in 'Showcase Resolved Bug Reports' started by alfa1, Nov 29, 2014.

1. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

There is no 'create item' button in the vehicles category. I know that this category does not hold any items and this is probably the cause. But its inconsistent with the rest of showcase. The main showcase index also does not hold any items, but also has a 'create item' button. After clicking it the user will need to select the appropriate category. The same should happen in the vehicles category.

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

This is "As Designed".

The "INDEX" is not a Category Page, nor is it associated with any "Category" Functionality. It has its own controller and its own set of "rules" so to speak. The Index has a special "Create Item" functionality that launches an overlay with a category chooser that is permission based (only lists the categories that the viewing user has permission to create items in).

Categories have their own controller and each Category Page (whether its a Top Level Cat or the lowest sub cat) has its own PERMISSIONS associated with it. The Category Permissions and Options set for the Category that you are viewing com into play (not permissions and options of any children). The Vehicles Category does NOT allow items to be created, so there is NO Create Item button. The Create Item button for categories takes you directly into the item create form with all the permissions/options/prefixes etc already preset for that specific category.

This is following Core XF (Resource Manager) architecture/functionality.

3. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

Before posting this I was doubting whether to post this as a bug or suggestion.
    It would be more friendly to the end user if there would be a create item button on an empty category. When its clicked the n the same function could appear as on main index: the user selects the appropriate category and posts away. It's no biggie but more of a nice tweak.

4. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Im pretty sure I made it so that it could be switched to the overlay launcher via template edit to the category template. I thought I even responded to this in the support forum (you might want to so a quick search in there).

alfa1 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.