1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Convert Thread(s) to Showcase for SC3

Discussion in 'Showcase Suggestions' started by fatih, Nov 24, 2018.

1. fatih

fatih Member Showcase Premium

Hello,

Will you provide Convert Thread(s) to Showcase feature for Showcase 3? if yes when will you provide? it is really important feature for us.

Thanks..

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Yes, that is a planned feature as is convert Showcase Item(s) to Thread(s).

It will be in one of the 2nd point releases eg, SC 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 etc.

3. fatih

Thanks for reply @Bob

I have been using showcase area as private area. I am moving threads to showcase. Anybody can not add item directly. So this feature is really important for me. Can you give a priority for this feature please?

Or can you publish a small addon for this?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
  4. Yodrak

Yodrak New Member Showcase Premium

Since i move my Forum to XF2.0 and installed Showcase 3.0 i miss the function convert thread to showcase. @Bob can you explain me please how i can convert threads now?

5. Bob

I will be implementing similar (not 100% the same) functionality in Showcase 3.X.0 that will allow a Thread to be converted to an Item (and vice versa) as well as Bulk convert Threads to Items (and vice versa) via inline moderation.

SC 3.1.0 is already reserved for implementing XF 2.1 features, so at the earliest, it would be in SC 3.2.0. It is a high priority for AMS, so once its developed for AMS, it will be rolled out to Showcase and other addons of mine.

6. Yodrak

Yodrak New Member Showcase Premium

Thanks for the quick answer.

7. fatih

Up. We need a quick solution. İt is really hard for us. Yes you explained but we can not use addon productive without convert feature

8. Bob

I've already said (multiple times in this thread) that this feature is planned for another addon (AMS) and that once its developed for AMS, that feature would be included with other addons (Showcase being one of them). Bumping this suggestion won't make that happen any faster.

If you need something quick (now), then I would suggest hiring someone to develop you the functionality that you want/need. This is the same advice that Mike, Kier and Chris D would give when someone is asking for functionality to be quickly implemented in XF, XFMG or XFRM.

9. Kairete

Kairete New Member AMS Showcase

More than anything else, a feature that could come back very useful could be to turn a blogpost into an article, a function that was, for example, in vBulletin.
    But, it is clear, it is only my humble suggestion.

10. PaulaG

PaulaG New Member AMS UBS Premium Showcase

I have vBulletin 4 Blogs. When I import VB4 into XF 2.1, the Blogs get created as threads under a Blog Category node in XF. What I'd like to do is be able to either Move them into UBS Blogs, or Import them from either from VB4 directly or from the XF Blog Category node.

Also related, we have a lot of pinned threads that I would like to be able to move over to Resources. It they were just text it wouldn't be a big deal for me to create new Resources, then cut and paste. But all the attachments create a bigger challenge.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.