1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

As Designed Average User Ratings box

Discussion in 'Showcase Resolved Bug Reports' started by MrDeranged, Jun 25, 2015.

1. MrDeranged

MrDeranged Member AMS Premium CAS Premium RMS Premium SC Premium

The average user rating box is showing the number of reviews, not the average of the user ratings. In the below picture, the ones circled in red, all of their reviews are 5 Star reviews. The one circled in blue has 1 3 Star review.

avg review.png

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

This is correct. The ones you have circled are the # (count) of ratings, not the average rating. The Average rating is display ON the image itself.

NOTE: There is a minor bug (phrase bug) in the ALT TEXT which I just fixed.

Selection_348.png

3. MrDeranged

Is the minor bug the text that says:

aur.png

and if that's the count of ratings, then what is the one next to it for?

reviews.png

I know you're the creator, but is it possible that it was supposed to be an "always visible" average rating as the one on the photo only shows if you're hovering over the picture which isn't possible on mobile devices?

Thanks in Advance :)

4. Bob

The 2 COUNTS next to the DATE are the Ratings Count and Reviews Count (they always have been and always will be).

They are different counts as when you have the Rating system set to Rate & Review, but have the option to not submit a review, the RATE COUNT is increased if they only click on the Stars, but don't fill out the review form. Only when an actual REVIEW (Rating, plus filling in a title, pros, cons and summary) is the REVIEW COUNT field increased (as this tracks actual reviews vs only ratings). An ITEM can have 10 ratings and only 3 Reviews.

The AVERAGE User Rating is displayed on the Image itself (as shown by the image I posted above). The Author Rating is NOT available on this layout (at least not yet as I am awaiting input from license holders in the existing discussion thread about it).

If those COUNTS are confusing to you, they can be disabled via the Style Properties (Showcase - Grid View Block Elements) (along with pretty much everything on the grid view)

Selection_362.png

MrDeranged likes this.
  5. Bob

YES... it was using the WRONG PHRASE (which was accidentally changed during SC 2.4.0 when doing search and replace operations on "rating" related phrases. Only the SC 2.4.0 releases were effected. Prior versions were all using the correct phrase. Simple mistake that has been corrected as shown below.

Selection_363.png

MrDeranged likes this.
  6. Bob

btw, it IS possible to EDIT the template and change the default behavior to something different... ie, if you want to changes those to say the Ave User Rating and Author Rating, its an easy edit (just inbox me and I can help you).

MrDeranged likes this.
  7. MrDeranged

Thanks for the explanation. Makes a lot more sense to me now :)

Bob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.