1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Updated Avatar not displaying on Image Viewer when About Author disabled

Discussion in 'AMS Resolved Bug Reports' started by rsi, Nov 4, 2016.

1. rsi

rsi New Member Article Mgmt System Showcase

Hi,

I think the first one is just a bug, but when clicking on embedded images the members/authors avatar does not show up in the top left hand corner op the pop-up navigation window. See where I have circled it in orange. This might only happen when admis do it though. My one member has not included any images to his yet.

Untitled.png

Then this second one below may be just me having a wrong setting somewhere, but when administrators create an article with no images the avatar shows one of the AMS default ones. When a member does, it shows their member avatar. Why won’t the ones created by Admins not show their avatar as well? Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? See where I have circled it in red below. Thanks...

Untitled2.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

The bottom one is most definitely some kind of weird bug as List view should only ever either show a cover image or the users avatar. It should never so the no image place holder.

Not sure what the cause of the top one is, but it should display the avatar of the content owner.

Moving this to bugs.

3. rsi

I just figured out what's causing that second one making the list view not show a cover image or the user’s avatar. It's the example category that is created on installation. I left it there and just renamed the category name to Miscellaneous then created the other categories. All of my tests were done in that renamed default example category and for some reseason its showing that default placeholder image instead of the user avatar or cover image. I also had all of the settings in that category set the same as the others I created.

Anyway, I deleted that example category and then recreated it and the problem went away, but the first bug where it’s not showing the user’s avatar in the top left corner of the GD image pop-up navigation window is real. That one is still not working.

Hope that helps...

4. Bob

I can not reproduce this. Im going to need to see this on your site. Can you inbox me login credentials (and test to make sure that the login user can SEE the problem).

5. rsi

I installed the new version today and the only thing that is still not working is the user’s avatar is still missing when the GD image popup navigation window comes up when clicking on images that are placed inline. It still only shows the avatar placeholder.

Untitled.png

6. Bob

Again, send me an inbox with a login (also a LINK to an article that is doing it). Only thing I can think of is an Ad Blocker, but until I can see it live (and being able to inspect the page with firebug), its only guessing.

7. rsi

I sent you a PM

8. rsi

Any idea as to what is going on? I noticed you did log in yesterday morning.

9. Bob

After seeing the output (or lack there of) I think so, however, I won't know for sure until I have time to do some in depth troubleshooting/testing (which probably won't be until next week as I am on vacation until Tuesday the 3rd). I'll post an update the minute I have something to post.

10. Bob

FOUND IT! You've disabled the SIDEBAR and ABOUT AUTHOR (both of which are effecting it because of a recent change). If you add an about author to that article you pointed me to, Im willing to bet the Avatar will be visible in the Image Viewer (at least that is how I was able to finally reproduce it).

11. rsi

Yep, I added "text" to about author and the avatar now displays. Can you correct that via the next update? Not everyone has any text there including me.

Thanks...

12. Bob

Its already done. Wasn't really anything to "fix" per say, it was simply moving some existing code outside of an area that could be disabled with was preventing something else that depended on that bit of HTML. You won't have to do anything, just upgrading to the next release will take care of it.