1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not a Bug Autofilled stocks read as not valid.

Discussion in 'Stock Trader Resolved Bug Reports' started by Edrondol, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

When I try and search for a stock it autofills like it should, but when I try and "Get Quote" I get an error.

error2.png

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

That particular stock (CUNB) is malformed in the Yahoo Feed. There isn't anything that can be done about it. The data that the autofill functionality needs is valid, however, the full record is not.

3. Bob

I marking this as not a bug, because the addon is supposed to throw this error when there are problems with the stock feed.

4. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

Okay, this is just one example of many we are finding. It's not a real big deal, but it has happened more than a few times.

Bob likes this.
  5. Bob

ya, the autocomplete data returned by Yahoo is not by any means perfect and it doesn't automatically mean that its a valid stock. I could write a novel on the issues with the Yahoo Feed lol I do my best tho to stop those stocks with errors from messing up the Addon, which is why I have checks in place to prevent stocks like this and many others from being introduced into the system.

If you want to, compile a list over the next couple days. It could be that there is an exchange name different between the Autocomplete Feed and the Stock Feed (this was an issue with London Stocks and the autocomplete).

6. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

Fix sent by Dev. Nice job!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.