• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As per title, Showcase has replaced the old social share sidebar block with the Responsive Social Sharing Buttons that are popular throughout the internet on various web sites.

This is a [PAID] customization that the client has generously donated back to the addon for all license holders to use. The donor wishes to remain anonymous..

There are 2 new Options located on the Item Page Tab of the Showcase Options. One option allows you to set the display location(s) and the other lets you choose which Social Share Services to display.

Selection_292.png

Location Header (stock showcase) is located as shown (below custom fields, above tags). You can edit the header template to move the block to display above the fields if you like that look better).

Selection_293.png

This screen shot shows the location "below content" (which just like the header, is directly above the Tags). As mentioned above, this block of code can be moved via a template edit if you want it in a different location.
Selection_294.png

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I may have missed an obvious setting here, but the social share buttons on Showcase are not sharing. If, for example, I click to share Twitter this is the link given: "1sharerrssbtitle1" which doesn't link. This also shows when I hover over other social share buttons. Do I need to set a referral url somewhere in settings?

Do I need to set a referral url somewhere in settings?
No, the referral url should be dynamically resolving. It could be a conflict with another addon that is injecting JS globally (or a widget). Did you check to see if they are working on default style vs a custom style?

I tried in default as well as disabling the only other add-on (link directory) but same result. Not to worry, will just disable them.

I tried in default as well as disabling the only other add-on (link directory) but same result. Not to worry, will just disable them.
Hmmm, not sure what else would cause that. Its js driven (the JS converts "1sharerrssbtitle1" into a valid URL). I plan on replacing this at some point anyway (I like the look of the new XF 2.0 one better).

Back