• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Partially Implemented Gallery suggestion: Fotorama

3rd angle

Showcase
Hi @Bob,

The current Gallery UI is good but the thumbnails on the top could be placed at the bottom so that visitors are shown the main contents when they open the page. Also it's be good if the current gallery can be presented in a slider format.. The current Gallery seems to wasted a lot of space unnecessarily... it requires visitors to scroll up and down for different images and so on.. it'd be good if we can ease their browsing experience.

a little touch up on the UI/UX could go a long way.. what do you think?

SHOWCASE.png

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That looks good.

Im open to adding more 3rd party Gallery's, but I am not open to modifying the existing ones to be something that they are not designed to do. The two existing ones are both un modified scripts which I can easily maintain when changes to them occurs.

Feel free to provide a LINK to that specific 3rd party gallery script so that I can see what the LICENSE is, if its being supported and if its something that could be easily integrated.

Its OK, but has A LOT of limitations. There are several things I LIKE about it, a few that I LOVE and several that I HATE. I'd be open to implementing an unsupported BASIC version, but you'd be on your own for support and advanced configuration. There are just way to many options settings that conflict with XenForo responsive design as well as it has a very POOR way of handling viewing users that don't have permission to view full sized images (only thumbs).

I have to say, I was really excited about this when I started messing with it, only to be left rather disappointed after messing around with it for about 30 minutes.

Works GREAT for Tablet and Smart Phone. It sucks ass for LARGE views.
Selection_215.png

Definitely going to make use of this. One thing I can see right away that its good for is replacing the existing Sidebar Block Cover Image and Gallery. Still 50/50 on the Main Gallery tho as there are some things that will need to be worked out because of the several locations the gallery can be located.

Hi @Bob,

The current Gallery UI is good but the thumbnails on the top could be placed at the bottom so that visitors are shown the main contents when they open the page. Also it's be good if the current gallery can be presented in a slider format.. The current Gallery seems to wasted a lot of space unnecessarily... it requires visitors to scroll up and down for different images and so on.. it'd be good if we can ease their browsing experience.

View attachment 1679

That look nice..

Hi @Bob,

View attachment 1679
Great idea :)

The LIMITATIONS of this 3rd party JavaScript Gallery are really bumming me out, cause it is AMAZING for Tablet and Smartfone views, however, its seriously SUCKS for Desktop views (because of the way it works by using the dimensions of the first image as the base full view image size).

This has been marked as PARTIALLY IMPLEMENTED (Partially as it is NOT supported, but included for those that want to try and use it).

THIS IS an UNSUPPORTED Beta option. It MAY at some point become supported, but for NOW, its purely an ON YOUR OWN type deal. Do NOT ask me questions about JS configuration settings, CSS, HTML etc.

First thing you need to understand is that this is a JS that has SEVERAL (100's) of ways to be configured. There is not ONE PERFECT WAY to configure it that will work for every site and for every scenario.

Second thing you need to understand. This is NOT meant for viewing a gallery on a 34 inch ultrawide monitor. I've purposely added max width and height limitations to this. Its BEST used with Fixed Width Styles.

With that said, I have included a PRE CONFIGURED setup that I use in another addon of mine (AMS) and it seems to be working great so far (no complaints yet), so for those of you wanting to use it, you might not even have to do any tweaking.

This comes with its own HTML Template and its own CSS template (along with its own compressed JS).

How to use this? Easy, just choose the FotoRama gallery type in the Global Options (or on a per category, you can over ride the global and choose it for a specific category).

Selection_296.png

Here you can see that each category has the ability to override the global options and use the options set for the specific category
Selection_297.png

And here is what it looks like (kinda hard to screen shot something that is best seen LIVE)

Selection_298.png

The fotorama option is awesome, but some pictures are loading very slow.

Back