• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Annonymous Review

Just like The Admin Zone where you can post Anonymous the only people that can see who you are are admins and people with enough rights. This would be a handy feature.

Just like The Admin Zone where you can post Anonymous the only people that can see who you are are admins and people with enough rights. This would be a handy feature.
I think this is a must have for a review system. I have queries every day asking if they can post anonymously. I went on and removed the names of the reviewer with some css. But something like a small checkbox would be great. At the end of the review check the box to post review anonymously.

A few quick notes on how this works..

Each Category has a new option setting for the Rating System Type (Allow Anonymous Reviews). The default is UN CHECKED , so if you want to enable Anonymous Reviews for existing Categories, you will have to edit each one and set the new option.
Selection_968.png
NOTE: If you want to quickly mass update all your categories, then you can run the following query (UPDATE xf_nflj_showcase_category SET allow_anon_reviews = 1)

There is a new PERMISSION (Review items anonymously). This allows uses to post anonymous reviews for items that belong to Categories that allow anonymous reviews.

Selection_002.png

When Reviewing an Item in a Category that allows anonymous reviews AND you have permission to review items anonymously, a check box option to Submit review anonymously will appear at the end of the review form.

Selection_969.png

When viewing reviews, normal users will see this
Selection_971.png

When viewing reviews, users that have the General Moderator Permission of "Bypass user privacy" set to ALLOW will see basically the same thing with one exception, the Username of the Reviewer is in parenthesis: Anonymous (Username). This means Admins and Moderators can view who submitted the Review (For Administrative/Moderation purposes). Also, the Item Owner will see his/her own name as well.

Selection_974.png

Selection_970.png

Here are a few screen shots of the Recent Activity and Alerts

Selection_972.png

Selection_973.png

Selection_975.png

Last edited:
I completely forgot to mention that there is a new PERMISSION (Review items anonymously) that goes along with this.

This allows you to fine control which User Groups/Users have the ability to post anonymous reviews within Categories where it is allowed to do so (and with Category Permissions, even finer control).

EDIT: Updated the explanation post above

Last edited:
I completely forgot to mention that there is a new PERMISSION (Review items anonymously) that goes along with this.

This allows you to fine control which User Groups/Users have the ability to post anonymous reviews within Categories where it is allowed to do so (and with Category Permissions, even finer control).
You're the guy that when he does something he does it right!

Nice.... is there anyway to assign one "ANON" avatar for anonymous review instead of the default one? Think that'd look superb.

Nice.... is there anyway to assign one "ANON" avatar for anonymous review instead of the default one? Think that'd look superb.
I am using the Core XenForo <xen:avatar /> helper, so it would have to be handled through that function.

Back